Thursday 5 January 2012

Research interviews, the fun begins
My research proposal tells me that the first tranche of interviews with higher education careers advisers starts in January - that's now! Need to do some more work on a sort of a structure, but my interviews are planned as guided narrative accounts rather than the usual semi-structured interview so there needs to be a good balance between narrative flow and keeping on the career story track.  Hope to get at least half a dozen done between now and March and then hopefully the data will reveal themes - am I being a little naive here? I have managed to get funding for a conference in May where I plan to present a paper and a poster so that is really motivating me to get cracking!  The trick is to fit this in with the full time job and all the rest of life...

No comments:

Post a Comment